Sunday 1 April 2012

Why postal service in Greece disappoints me.

Remember how I wanted a penpal? Well, now I have one. And I've been trying to send a letter since, well, January. The thing is, I don't know how many stamps I have to use, so I have to go to the post office and ask, at least for the first letter. Well picture this. The post office is around 30' away from my house if you happen to walk pretty fast. When you get there, all you have to do is take a ticket with a number on it and wait for your turn. I've been there around three times now, and it's a complete disappointment. The minimum estimated waiting time is always around 50'-60' which is a lot. Especially when i have a class to attend afterwards in less than 45'. And that's on Friday, the only day that I actually have some free time during work hours.
Hell. I'm like 3 months late now, well done me.
And as if that wasn't enough just yet, a man working there killed a woman also working there. (Yes as you can see, I know lots about what happened. Yes, I know.) I mean like, while other people where there, working. He just shot her because she dumped him. And he was all like "Let's kill her when I see her at work!" Bollocks.
I was supposed to go try send the letters that day, but thank god I didn't. Who knew. Now mum gets crazy and doesn't let me go there or something. She says I should go buy stamps from somewhere else and put lots of them on the letter, so it won't be less than what it costs, it will be more, but it will be sent.
I don't know.
I'll try.

2 comments:

  1. Honey I cross that road once every week, trust me I know.
    Also, Wensdays are best. I get done in about 15'.
    Ciao

    ReplyDelete

don't forget to be awesome and leave here a reply.i mean come on.you know you want to. :]